Hey everybody! Fall is finally here! It is my favorite time to read, also winter because I get to be so cozy, and it is my favorite season! I love the leaves, wearing long sleeve shirts, drinking hot chocolate, and so much more. Mostly, I am going to see how many books I read before the year ends. I probably won’t get to my goal of one hundred though, only if I try really hard I’ll get there!
Anyway, it is time for another monthly post! If you have no idea how my monthly posts go, check out my last one here. It’ll help you out if you are kind of confused. If you are just jumping in, hello from the other side! If you have been following since the beginning of my blog, welcome back neighbor! Keep on reading!
books read in august
- Jay: Ninja of Lightning, Cole: Ninja of Earth, Kai: Ninja of Fire, and Zane: Ninja of Ice by Greg Farshty: Okay, I love Ninjago, but sometimes it is so slow that I fall asleep. Since I was in a reading slump, I read books around the house. I rated each book three stars each. ★★★✩✩
- Snake Attack by Tracey West: Like I said right over this sentence. ★★★✩✩
- My Life as a Book by Janet Tashijan: I have had this book for five years and I haven’t read it. Shame on me. Well, I have read it now and the main characters HATES to read. Well, everybody says that opposites attract. ★★★★✩
- How to Steal a Dog by Barbara O’ Connor: I love this book! I have only read it one time, but during my reading slump I had to read it! ★★★★✩
- Standing for Socks by Eliss Brent Wiessman: I love this book! It is so good and so awesome to read. ★★★★✩
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West: AHH! I loved this book so much! I swallowed it whole. This book reminded me of so many cute songs about love, also Gnash’s song with Olivia O’ Brien. Not a big fan of the song, but I like it. The review to P.S. I Like You is coming soon! ★★★★★
top three posts
- Beautiful People #6 – September Edition
- Bookstagrammers You Need to Follow ASAP
- Polaroid Books Writing Boot Camp Sign-Ups
- I am LOVING Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children! I really want to see the movie and read the books. Also, it is a great movie to see around Halloween because it is peculiar and spooky! I also have a crush on Asa Butterfield, who plays Jacob in the movie. If you want to see the amazing Eva Green and Asa Butterfield on the big screen together, you can see them this Friday on the big screen when Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children hits theaters.
in the blogger galaxy
- Emily @ For the Bookish shares five books that make her feel nostalgic and she is really excited that it is fall!
- Sarah @ Written Word Worlds does an interview with Cath Crowley, author of Words in Deep Blue. I haven’t read anything by Cath Crowley, but after reading the interview I am going to check out some of her books!
- “Dancing with the Stars” and books? What do they have in common? Well, Becca @ Becca and Books does an awesome post where she pairs up book characters with stars that have danced on “Dancing with the Stars!”
what’s up in life
- Well, I am going on my first mini hiatus towards the end of October. I am going to have a busy October with events and so much more. My monthly recap for October will be published, but I will not answer comments or posting new posts during the last week of October.
- It is official, I am doing Nanowrimo for the first time ever this year! Yes! I am so pumped! I have already been writing. So far, I have ten thousand words and counting with seven chapters and counting.
- Reviews of Kasie West’s P.S. I Like You and Marissa Meyer’s third book in the amazing “Lunar Chronicles” series, Cress.
- October is going to be full of Nanowrimo prep posts. Maybe I can do an interview with some bloggers who like to write and they can tell everybody their tips and tricks to surviving Nanowrimo in November. Also, there will be playlists with jams to help you write and so much more.