I love music and I love making playlists for different people. Since this blog is mostly about books, I mostly talk about books. You know, this is a book blog. If I wanted to write about music I would have made a music blog, but I didn’t want to do that. Anyway, here is the second post of my 2K16 Nanowrimo prep series! Keep on reading if you want to see what is on my playlist.
Don’t fret! If you missed the first post of my 2K16 Nanowrimo prep series, you can check out the first one here.
Every writer has writing music. They either write with music or they write in complete silence. I mostly write in silence, but sometimes I listen to music and the noises that are going on in the background. Anyway, here are some songs that can sooth you or pump you up for Nanowrimo this November. There will be five upbeat and powerful songs, three soothing and slow songs, and one funny song that can make you laugh when you feel like giving up on your writing project.
- Man, I am loving Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and I love Florence + The Machine’s brand new song for the movie, “Wish That You Were Here.” The official soundtrack for the movie also came out this week! Excuse me for a few minutes while I go and fangirl about the soundtrack as I buy it.
- I recently heard of James Bay by listening to his song “Let It Go” a few months back, but “Collide” is one of those upbeat songs that make you want to get what you want. Also, it makes you dance. Who doesn’t want to have a dance break during your writing session?
- I also love this upbeat song by John Newman called, “Come and Get It.” It is probably one of my favorite songs right by “Collide” and “Wish That You Were Here.”
- Words can not describe how proud I am of Niall Horan for releasing his first solo single, “This Town.” Sure, I am still heartbroken over the fact that 1D probably won’t get back together now, but my heart is so happy for Niall!
- EEK! I have never heard of Will Jay or Sonika Vaid, but they are both extremely talented! “Smoke from Distant Fires,” the song they did together, was beautiful. To sum it all up, it is a beautiful song about young love.
- “On Purpose” starts old slow, but then it gets faster along the way. I am so proud of Sabrina! She is going on tour soon and her brand new album is coming out soon! When you start to write, you have to listen to this amazing song.
- Not going to lie, Justin Bieber is getting better and better with every song. Right now, he is in love with collabs. Honestly, I am loving his collabs. His most popular one right now is with Major Lazer and MO.
- Everything that I said above goes down here.
- B-I-Z-A-A-R-D-V-A-R-K! BIZZARDVARK! This is probably one of the funniest shows on Disney Channel right now, along with Milo Murphy’s Law. Right now, this has to be my favorite funny song.
all of the songs
- “Wish That You Were Here” by Florence + The Machine
- “Collide” by James Bay
- “Come and Get It” by John Newman
- “This Town” by Niall Horan
- “Smoke from Distant Fires” by Will Jay and Sonika Vaid
- “On Purpose” by Sabrina Carpenter
- “Cold Water” by Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber and MO
- “Let Me Love You” by DJ Snake ft. Justin Bieber
- “Bad Hair Day” from Bizzardvark